Welcome to Downriver!
- Downriver – Michigan’s Sport Fishing Mecca
- Michigan’s must see Southeast Coast and Cool Dudes from Down Under
- Tis the season to rediscover Taylor during its 175th anniversary year…
- Why shopping local makes great sense/Family owned businesses are Downrivers retail stars
- The Power of Partnerships
Michigan’s “Must See” Southeast Coast
Thanks to visionaries who encouraged communities to collaborate rather than compete, the region commonly known as “downriver” has quietly evolved over the past two decades, into “must see” status.
With more than 100 miles of shoreline, some 10,000 acres of parklands, and 18 communities knitted together by 100-plus miles of trails and waterways, the region offers an electric mix of urban and natural settings unlike anywhere else in Michigan.
What to do
The Downriver area is made up of 18 unique and individual communities, framed by four major Michigan waterways: Rouge River, Huron River, Detroit River and northern Lake Erie.
- Allen Park
- Brownstown Twp.
- Flat Rock
- Grosse Ile Twp
- Huron Twp.
- Lincoln Park